[Kde-games-devel] moved Kajongg from playground to kdereview

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Fri Feb 26 00:48:47 CET 2010

On Friday 19 February 2010, Jeremy Wickersheimer wrote:
> I think using a dialog for prompting the user actions is not a
> good idea, kwin with compositing will darken and lock the
> other windows so it is very hard to see the board (and is
> very distracting). Also dialog placement is sort of
> unpredictable for the user. I think a big improvement would
> be to have those buttons on the board next to the player hand
> (and always visible, just disabled when not in the player
> turn).

I now tried something different, please have a look at it.
The position is now always the same, and kajongg works harder
to find a good place. This is definitively better than before.

> Also i think it would be great to have simple (single key)
> keyboard actions (space / P / C / etc .. ) by default for all
> the game actions, instead of alt+x. This game is very suited
> for keyboard only game

done. Also works if the focus is on the main window and not
on the dialog.

> I'd prefer that the tiles in the player hand not be spaced,
> right now there is some horizontal spacing and grouping.

there is now an option for the user, default no spacing.

--
Wolfgang