[Kde-games-devel] Re: Resigning as maintainer

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 23:19:06 CET 2010

On Tuesday 21 December 2010 5:18:58 am Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Hi, people. Due to personal issues I will be unable to dedicate any time
> to KDE Games for the foreseeable future, so I want to resign as a
> maintainer for KMahjongg and co-maintainer for KShisen/KMines. KBlocks
> already has a new maintainer, so it should be ok. The other apps are
> mostly ok as well, as I my activity has been minimal for the past
> release cycle, but they can surely benefit from a more active maintainer.

Gosh, Mauricio, I am sorry to hear that, but you have had a very long
innings, more than four years if I am not mistaken ... :-)

And you have done so much for KDE Games in general.  Who else could
have seen us through the changeover to KDE 4?  Who else could have
gone out and found us some great graphics guys?  Who else could have
organized and moderated all those on-line meetings so well and so
cheerfully?  And who else could have kept us all going through some
difficult times, culminating in the impressive number of games that made
it into the first release of KDE 4?!!!

Last but not least, I will never forget all the help you gave so freely when
you ported KGoldrunner to KDE 4.  You sure picked one of the most difficult
games to port, but you stuck at it through thick and thin and the end
result was fantastic.  I am forever in your debt, Mauricio.

We all hope you will be back some day, but meanwhile, all the best to
you and your family for the future, Mauricio, and a Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year!!!

See you again some day, Ian W.