[Kde-games-devel] -DQT_NO_STL in ${KDE4_DEFINITIONS}

Felix Lemke hobbyblobby at arcor.de
Sun Dec 19 05:03:33 CET 2010

Hello World (of KDE games)

While writing on a new game (still not sure if the games reaches a playable
state) I encountered a Problem: Normally in the CMakeLists.txt you have a line
like:
> add_definitions(${QT_DEFINITIONS} ${KDE4_DEFINITIONS})

But the variable ${KDE4_DEFINITIONS} contains "-DQT_NO_STL". Before I found
this, I was quite desperate, because I used QString::toStdString() and the
compiler said:
> error: ‘class QString’ has no member named ‘toStdString’

So, my question is: Is there a reason, why KDE uses QT without STL support?

Thanks and best regards
Felix