[Kde-games-devel] Library layout proposal

Mon Aug 16 22:55:03 CEST 2010

On Monday 16 August 2010 22:46:26 Brian Croom wrote:
> As I am new to the development practices here, I just wanted to ask
> whether this forthcoming work means that efforts porting to KGameRenderer
> should be deferred until the Kgv* code is ready for general consumption?

No, please not. The KGameRenderer code is the most complex piece of code in
this whole new ecosystem, it really needs good testing coverage in real-life
scenarios (it already helped in detecting some crashes in KSharedDataCache).

Also, code which uses KGameRenderer will be trivial to port to KgvRenderer.
You should, however, consider not to use the auto-scaling features of the
KGameRenderedObjectItem class, because they are implemented totally
differently (and much superior) in KgvSpriteObjectItem/KgvBoard.

Greetings
Stefan