[Kde-games-devel] Library layout proposal

Thu Aug 12 23:45:42 CEST 2010

On Thursday 12 August 2010 19:59:41 Josef Spillner wrote:
> The time until then can be used for planning. For example, what are the
> other plans regarding Jabber gaming, Telepathy, Gluon, social networks,
> OCS, networking features in general, ...? Just some keywords I remember
> from the previous discussion.

This seems to be related to networking all together, and that area roughly
divides into two areas:

* socializing and sharing contents
* actual matchmaking and playing over the network

A cooperation with Gluon can be fruitful in these areas. However, I would
appreciate it very much if we could define a vision, similar to what Gluon has
done.

From what I read from their vision document [1], their main goal is a gaming
platform that is independent of any platform. Contrary, kdegames is IMO
1. a set of games which integrates tightly with the KDE workspaces
2. software which leverages all the possibilites brought forward by our shared
infrastructure (from libraries to l10n)
3. add your vision here

If we agree in that we want such a vision, an IRC meeting would be useful. (I
don't think a developer meeting would be useful. Josef is in the same town as
me, but at least Parker and Ian are on different continents.)

Greetings
Stefan

[1] http://gluon.gamingfreedom.org/node/7