[Kde-games-devel] Palapeli preview window survey

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 01:34:45 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 10 August 2010 9:05:15 pm Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> One thing I'd love to get back (back when palapeli was young in playground
> this was possible) is the abilitiy to have the preview as separate window
> so that I can move it to my second monitor and make it larger than possible
> inside the puzzle area.

Well it's all right for some ... :-)  A hardware dependency of >1 monitor
would solve a lot of problems in Palapeli ... :-)

Seriously though, if you have a second monitor you could open up the
original picture in Gwenview (assuming you created the puzzle yourself).
That's what I did when I solved a 1000 piece puzzle (on a laptop).  I think
the "standard issue" puzzles might have the pictures embedded in their
compressed files somewhere.

I also used KMag as a magnifier when searching for pieces, but it was
clunky because it magnifies on-screen pixels (thus losing detail) and
cannot magnify the underlying images of pieces.

Cheers, Ian W.