[Kde-games-devel] Palapeli preview window survey

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Aug 10 13:05:15 CEST 2010

On 10.08.10 20:57:58, Ian Wadham wrote:
> Obviously there is not enough screen real-estate to keep the preview
> at full size (like a real box-top), so I suggest making it work like the icons
> in Plasma's Folder View widget, e.g. hover over it and it expands to give
> you a quick look: click on it and it and it stays expanded to give you a
> more detailed look.  It could have an X at top right to close it because
> we (almost always) know where to put the corner pieces and do not
> need to see that part of the picture.

One thing I'd love to get back (back when palapeli was young in playground
this was possible) is the abilitiy to have the preview as separate window
so that I can move it to my second monitor and make it larger than possible
inside the puzzle area. Making the mainwindow itself big enough is not very
useful as I'd have scrollbars on both screens and had to move the mouse a
lot more. The preview window is something that I'd not touch at all if its
on a separate monitor.

Andreas

--
Never reveal your best argument.