[Kde-games-devel] KGameRenderer Porting Experience

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 4 02:14:17 CEST 2010

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On August 3, 2010, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Looking to plasma themes as an example, how do you deal with 'I need the
>> dark shade of the neutral foreground color of the window set'? That's
>
> KColorScheme. each theme can ship with a color scheme file.

Huh? I don't see how that solves the problem.

I'm talking about .svg art blending with the existing system scheme.
Think about a Qt style, for drawing a frame you usually take various
shades of the base color. Now imagine I am doing that in .svg, I know I
want frame element X to have the color 'shadow shade of window normal
background'. How do I express that?

>> Or do you mean to somehow have in the .svg a color name that would be
>> replaced instead of a replacement table? If so, how would you do that
>> (besides hand-editing the .svg)?
>
> like CSS stylesheets do for HTML: supply a set of defined, named colours and
> gradients. name them after what it is in KColorScheme, so they are easily
>   mapped.

That was what Parker mentioned originally. The problem is supporting
that in the editor without resorting to using a text editor on the .svg.
I don't believe Inkscape supports (*easily*!) giving objects arbitrary
color names, does it?

>> The replacement table idea would work perfectly well with gradients (at
>> least so far as you would replace the stop colors the same as anything
>> else).
>
> i'm also thinking about full gradient definition though: stop points and the
>   whole bit :)

So... the gradient control points are a function of the element's
bounding box? Or what? It's a neat idea, but I'm not sure how practical
it would be. (And anyway, I think that is an orthogonal problem.)

--
Matthew
ENOWIT: .sig file temporarily unavailable