[Kde-games-devel] KGameRenderer Porting Experience

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Aug 4 02:01:47 CEST 2010

On August 3, 2010, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Looking to plasma themes as an example, how do you deal with 'I need the
> dark shade of the neutral foreground color of the window set'? That's

KColorScheme. each theme can ship with a color scheme file.

> Or do you
 mean to somehow have in the .svg a color name that would be
> replaced instead of a replacement table? If so, how would you do that
> (besides hand-editing the .svg)?

like CSS stylesheets do for HTML: supply a set of defined, named colours and
gradients. name them after what it is in KColorScheme, so they are easily
 mapped.

> The replacement table idea would work perfectly well with gradients (at

 least so far as you would replace the stop colors the same as anything
> else).

i'm also thinking about full gradient definition though: stop points and the
 whole bit :)

> I'm not sure how you could define to replace a solid color with a

 gradient, since you need directionality (and how do you specify the
> coordinates?).

SVG already covers that.

--
Aaron J. Seigo