[Kde-games-devel] KGameRenderer Porting Experience

Tue Aug 3 09:01:26 CEST 2010

On Monday 02 August 2010 18:22:01 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> text color is a
very common thing in themes. not having that in the
> base theme class
sounds a bit broken, tbh. i wonder if the other such items
> that are cached
in your implementation are similarly common theme related
> items that
would, if moved into the base theme class, be used by other

games.

KGameRenderer ATM basically forwards the methods exposed by
QSvgRenderer (render -> spritePixmap, boundsOnElement -> boundsOnSprite
etc.). I do not know how to extract any specific colors, fonts or such from
the theme.

That reminds me: Someone asked me if and how KGameRenderer can
make use of style-aware colors. (I think Amarok uses that for their
interface, to match the system color scheme.) The concrete usecase is a
sprite of a player avatar in which the player's color can be inserted.

Do
you know how to do that, which code to read, or whom to talk
to?

Greetings
Stefan