[Kde-games-devel] calling for voices

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Mon Apr 19 22:37:50 CEST 2010

In Mahjongg players usually declare the tiles they discard,
and they call things like pung, kong, chow

so it would be nice to have voices in the Kajongg game,
and they would make playing a much better experience as
it would better match a real game.

It is already possible for players to make their own voices
available - they will automatically be transferred to the other
players as needed.

But I want the computer players to have voices too.
That should be 3 different voices per language. First of
course in English, but if possible also in other languages.
I will have a look at ktuberling for directory organisation.

So if you would like to contribute a voice, you are very
welcome. (I could of course do the German voice but then
I am not sure if my voice would be good enough for this)

The english help to Kajongg explains what would have to
be spoken and how the file names should be. Here you can
find it:
http://www.rohdewald.de/oss/doc/configuration.html#id486819
I want to emphazise that the sound files should be as short
as possible, Mahjongg is a fast game.

So the file chow.ogg should contain the word "chow",
c5.ogg would contain "character five"
dr.ogg would contain "red dragon"

The german translations are:
stone kreis
bamboo bambus
character zahl
ostwind, südwind, westwind, nordwind
roter/grüner/weisser Drachen
chow chi
pung pong
kong kan
mahjongg mahjongg
originalcall Ruf zu Beginn
violatesoriginalcall Ruf zu Beginn verletzt

--
Wolfgang