[Kde-games-devel] KBlocks further development?

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 17:50:17 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Dapeng Zhang
<zhangd at informatik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Hi Mauricio,
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I'm Dapeng Zhang from University of Freiburg. We did some research on
> tetris game. We are interested in developing KBlock towards a standard
> test-bed (or Benchmark) for the research.
>
> We did some tests on KBlocks yesterday. It compiles fine and can already
> run with an "AI player". The goals are as follows.
>    1. create a two-player mode.
>    2. create a built-in AI player.
>    3. create a network (socket) interface for the LAN connections. (The
> game will be controlled via these connections.)
>    4. create a "engine" mode for very fast game (generate statistics of
> the AI player).
>
> Any comments are very welcome...
>
> Best Regards
>
> dapeng

Welcome Dapeng!
And thank you for merging what you built for Ksirtet into KBlocks, it
is very much appreciated.  :)

I have no comments myself, your team's project goals are sound and
realistic to me, and the addition of a standalone AI would help make
solitary play more fun.  ;)

But Mauricio should certainly chime in.  :D

--Arturo