[Kde-games-devel] Animated sprites in KDE Games (was Granatier)

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 07:08:16 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> you should be checking with Qt 4.6. the improvement in performance in QGV
> between 4.6 and prior releases is, to say it kindly, noticeable.
>
> combined with QAnimation* and the state machine stuff, writing the kind of
> games we see in kdegames with QGV should be more than acceptable.

Yes I've heard that the one of the main focuses of the 4.6 will be
animation.  To say I'm not excited would be disingenious. ^^v

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Ian Wadham <ianw2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> For example, your reply above is to Eugene, but it appears just after a
> message from Kleag in KMail's thread-tree display.  I am left thinking,
> "Huh!?  When did Kleag mention KDiamonds and KLines, etc.?".

Noted -- would probably be a bigger problem if I responded several
posts downward.  Came the suggestions coming as you see them.  -v-

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Kleag <kleag at free.fr> wrote:

> No, there is currently no icon for the skin editor. I should maybe set the
> same one as ksirk itself, but a dedicated one would be better.

Ah that's good, cause I started working on one. ^^
The "Oxygenation" of the icon is not finished yet, but here's a
preview so you can tell me what you think:

http://pigux.com/kde4/ksirkskineditor2.png

Eagle-eyed viewers will probably recognize the paintbrush (although I
did modify it a bit).

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Matthew Woehlke
<mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> It does mean a lot of work for walking animations, though, especially if
> you want enough frames for smooth motion.

When it comes to desktop gaming, my mind seems to queue in on 16-bit
console era graphics.  Granted some of those games were amazingly
smooth, but for the most part they animated where it counted. ^^b