[Kde-games-devel] The Future of Game Development in KDE

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Wed Sep 9 23:15:20 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 09 September 2009 22:59:32 Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> >  That is indeed the goal (i have just finished writing the first bit of
> > stuff about my idea for game object structures, very inspired by
> > Unity3D's version of it, which already shows the potential for something
> > of what you describe above). If you wanna read:
> >  http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=GameObject_Hierachy
> >  It's fairly code-ey, so i dunno how hot you'd be on it, but... :)
>
> Cool. BTW, Unity3D is pretty much state of the art when it comes to 3D
> game development imo. But I thought you were going to concentrate on
> 2D first. Isn't this (sprites, 2D elements) one of the things already
> implemented in Gluon?

  Yes, Unity3D is basically state of the art, but not for 3D game development,
but rather for 3D game prototyping :) Yes, 2D is the main target for Gluon
(it's likely going to be possible to do 3D because of how the KGL component is
built, but the focus will be 2D), however for Gluon Creator this has little
influence - for that, the workflow will be mostly the same for either :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-