[Kde-games-devel] Kolf Art?

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Sep 9 02:15:38 CEST 2009

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 6:55:09 am Arturo Silva wrote:
> Yeah, I see what you mean about keeping the textures within the main
> theme (so something like grass and moon rock will never formally mix).
>  That should most certainly be the default behavior in order to keep
> things simple and structured.
>
> On the other hand, I'd love to give the user the option to press the
> proverbial "big red button" that enables access to ALL textures, no
> restrictions applied.  So if their imagination is a bit more "out
> there" than yours or mine, more power to them.  :P

Please keep an eye on playability/gameplay.  Basically the club, ball,
hole and teleports need to be easily visible in any chosen terrain.
And height/slope cues would need good visibility too, not to mention
hazards, such as sand and water.

That should not be too hard to implement in Kolf.  Otherwise, let your
head go, Arturo!

Cheers, Ian W.