[Kde-games-devel] KWarBots status

Niels Slot nielsslot at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 00:18:36 CEST 2009

Hi Rodrigo,

I had a look at KWarBots. I think you're off to a really nice start.

After some problems to compile and get it running I looked at the code a
bit. The Kross integration is actually easier than I thought. I could modify
one line in KWarBots and make it run a Ruby script instead of a Python one.

I hacked on it a bit tonight. I currently have a KXmlGuiWindow working. This
makes it feel a lot more like e KDE application. I have two patches attached
to this mail. One will add some things to the CMake files to make KWarBots
installable with 'make install'. The second will add a KXmlGuiWindow which
replaces the Game and Menu classes.

You can commit them to SVN if you want. Or let me know so I can do it
myself.

I'm a bit worried about the license. From what I understand of the licensing
policy[1], just GPL3 isn't OK (it has to be GPL2+). Could someone enlighten
me on this?

Please keep updating the SVN repository if you have any new work, I'd love
to see more.

Regards,

Niels

[1]: http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy