[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:21:47 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 15:50, Mathias Kraus wrote:
> hi,
>
> maybe you remember me. I am the guy who wants to make a bomberman like game for kde.
> well, I did some coding the last months and I think it's now in a playable state. there are still some rough edges and missing features from clanbomber, but if I can keep the pace till october, maybe it can go into 4.4.
> if you want to try it, you need to build gluon first, because I use it for the sound. had some problems with phonon, but if you want I could temporally remove the dependeny to gluon to make it easier for you to test it.

As far as I know, there's never been a stable release of Gluon, which
means code relying on it can't be shipped as part of KDE. Until Gluon
makes a stable release and either gets packaged by distributions or
moves into KDE somewhere, you are pretty much stuck. :(

It's a bit of a chicken-or-the-egg problem. The Gluon guys want game
developers to use Gluon to work out the kinks in their API. The game
developers can't really use Gluon until they finish their API and make
a release.

Parker