[Kde-games-devel] How do you play jigsaw puzzles

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Wed Oct 21 12:32:33 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch 21 Oktober 2009 00:59:47 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
> Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> > Palapeli has infrastructure for "puzzle feeds", which provide a similar
> > (yet better integrated) functionality. Unfortunately, there will not be
> > enough time left for an interface to these. This gives me time to think
> > about how to generate puzzles from images on the fly.
>
> Well there is a reason I put this one in 'future ideas' :-). Puzzle
> feeds are good too, obviously they have their own benefits. And it is
> really easy to make your own puzzles from your own images, so having
> multiple sources for new puzzles is probably not needed.

Puzzle feeds are about having automated sources of new puzzles. For example,
one might create a cronjob on one's server that runs every day, fetches the
current Picture of the Day from Wikimedia Commons, turns it into a puzzle and
releases it online.

> Also... reading your instructions, I now see the thing about making the
> default puzzles. Any reason that isn't part of the build system? (If
> not, that might need to be fixed before we can ship it.)

I simply do not know this part of CMake: creating new targets and running
custom programs. I've hoped that someone comes along who can solve this
problem, and along you came. ;-)

Greetings
Stefan

--
Die Zukunft wird nicht gemeistert von denen, die an der Vergangenheit kleben.