[Kde-games-devel] KMines background image scaling problem

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 10:18:06 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 03:06:22 Sean wrote:
> Sorry, Gmail screwed up, here is the link to the theme with the problem.
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdegames/kmines/themes/graveyard-mayhem.svg

Hmm, I checked KMines' code and it doesn't do anything fancy.
What it does is simply renders svg element with name "mainWidget" to the
pixamp which has sizes of the playfield. Btw, that makes me think that
widescreen optimization doesn't make any sense - image will be blindly scaled
in two directions. I guess that's what might be improved in future, but that's
how it works currently.

So what i'm trying to say that this looks like some Qt rendering bug.
Also I don't observe these stripes with any other kmines' themes. Is it so for
you too?

If yes, then try to somehow check if this bug doesn't occur with simple svg
element as a background and then perhaps try to add details step by step to
see where it'll break.

(you're using trunk and Qt 4.6 or some other version?)

Cheers,
Dmitry.