[Kde-games-devel] palapeli: make puzzles as part of build

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 21 02:28:20 CEST 2009

As previously mentioned, I don't think there should be an extra step to
create the "built in" puzzles, and I'm not confident this is acceptable
if palapeli is going to ship. I also don't see any particular reason to
do it. Therefore I have prepared this patch to generate the "built in"
puzzles as part of the normal build process.

This theoretically removes the necessity of the second half of Step 3 of
the official build instructions, at least assuming the slicers can be
found. (So this might fail to bootstrap. But I'm also not convinced
something isn't broken that kbuildsycoca must be run manually. And even
if it does, it's not impossible to make that part of the build process
also.)

Obviously this is meant mainly for Stefan, but I'm posting here and to
-buildsystem in case anyone else has comments.

Only downside is... I'm not sure if it works. The .puzzles from what I
can tell built and installed okay, but when I try to start one, I'm
getting an excessively zoomed background with no puzzle. However I'm
getting that on other puzzles that I know were working, so I am thinking
I might have a bad build.

(Oddly enough, 'delete' seems to work as expected now. Maybe it is only
broken if the "built in" puzzles don't exist?)

--
Matthew
So, an astrophysicist, a quantum physicist, and an astrologer walk into