[Kde-games-devel] kigo

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 00:05:31 CEST 2009

Hi!

On Tuesday 20 October 2009 22:20:09 Sascha Peilicke wrote:
> The
> question is how to do that. I am currently considering extragear because
>  it  has a runtime dependency (not during compile time) on GnuGo (or
>  compatible Go engines), an 'issue' that other kdegames don't have.
>  However, if that's not a showstopper to move into kdegames directly, I'd
>  prefer the latter.
I don't know of any restrictions that can prevent game with additional runtime
deps from entering kdegames. If I'm wrong, someone correct me :)

To me it's more interesting to know whether Kigo handles GnuGo absence
gracefully or not. I.e. I would imagine some pretty msg box or even some kind
of "welcome screen" on the main widget telling user to install GnuGo to be
able to play (if it's absent).

I didn't look at the game itself yet, sorry.

Go, KiGo, go! :)

Cheers,
Dmitry.

PS. Having similar loooking chips in kreversi and kigo seems like a nice idea
to me too.