[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Tue Oct 20 22:29:36 CEST 2009

Arturo Silva schrieb am Dienstag 20 Oktober 2009:
> > btw. in arenas with holes in the ground or without walls at the edge, the
> > player will fall into the deep now :)
>
> haha!  That's clever!  ^^
> Will there be an animation for when one of the players falls into the
> pit?  (say having the player shrink down to a speck on-screen)

exactly, the animation is already done. they shrink, but not to a speck, they
just vanish.

> > there is something, but not now. I plan to redo the explosion with some
> > animation and therefore the explosion graphics might need some
> > modification. I have to do the coding first and then you could do some
> > polish on the graphics side :)
>
> Sure, np! np!  This is what I've always wanted after all!  :D
>
> Not sure how smooth you want the explosion, but I think we can get
> away with only a 6-frame detonation:
>
> 1 - spark
> 2 - fiery expansion
> 3 - full blast (current graphic)
> 4 - fiery contraction (repeat of 2)
> 5 - fire/smoke dissipation
> 6 - smoke dissipation only
>
> To save on coding, we could probably combine 5 and 6.  ^^

well I thought of just fading the current items in and make a pulse by making
one blast wider and moving it, but your idea sounds much better.
it might also be better performance wise. I just noticed a juddering with many
explosions with much power and the reason might be the transformation of the
blast.
the current time for an explosion is 600 ms, so the following timing might
work
100 ms spark with fading in
100 ms fiery expansion
100 ms full blast
100 ms fiery contradiction
100 ms fire/smoke dissipation
and if you want 100 ms smoke dissipation, it wouldn't be much to code, just a
few lines :)
I will implement this the next days or next week and then you can do your
graphics foo :)