[Kde-games-devel] kigo

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Tue Oct 20 20:20:09 CEST 2009

hi,

maybe you still remember Kigo, to Go game. Altough there are still a number of
features to implement, it is in pretty good shape right now. I did a lot of
bug hunting lately and think that it is now in a release-worthy state.  The
question is how to do that. I am currently considering extragear because it
has a runtime dependency (not during compile time) on GnuGo (or compatible Go
engines), an 'issue' that other kdegames don't have. However, if that's not a
showstopper to move into kdegames directly, I'd prefer the latter.

If you test the app you'll notice that I shamelessly borrowed some artwork
from KReversi, so if anybody wants to help out here I'd really appreciate
that. At the moment I am trying to get some documentation shaped up and I'm
going to move it to kdereview in the next few days. For now I'd like to have
your opinions on how to release it exactly.

The last remaining question that I have for now is if it is possible to have a
site on games.kde.org for extragear games too? Creating a dedicated website
would be simply to much from my POV.

Ah yes, you can find Kigo under playground/games/kigo, of course :-)
--
Kind regards,
Sascha Peilicke