[Kde-games-devel] granatier

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Tue Oct 13 22:51:37 CEST 2009

Arturo Silva schrieb am Dienstag 13 Oktober 2009:
> Hello all,
> Darn, my job isn't over yet.  Hopefully I'll get to Palapeli, or the
> Krita Oxygen icons, soon enough. ^^;
> [FYI, I'm a horrible multi-tasker, so I tend to focus on one project
> at a time, or else I get nothing done.)
>
> It was too much trouble to rewrite most of the documentation here, so
> I figured I'd just add it straight to index.docbook.  I imagine you
> can always run a DIFF and see the difference between yoru last SVN
> copy and mine.

thanks, I really appreciate your help, it's much better now

> I didn't know how to install your SVN copy of the documentation, so I
> just piggy-backed it off the AMOR handbook folder so I can at least
> see my changes in action.  However, I seriously doubt my file can
> serve as a drop-in replacement for the SVN one (this did not work
> during my failed attempt to update the KDE Visual Dictionary), so I
> leave it to you to take care of things on the development side.  ;)

just open a terminal and navigate to the folder with the index.docbook.
the do "meinproc4 index.docbook"

> ==================================
>

> Now between the feedback from Mathias and Matthew, I'm compiling a
> small list of things left to do on the artistic side:
>

> 1)  Convert bonus_skate into bonus_bad_skate and color accordingly.
>
> 2)  Convert bonus_mason into bonus_neutral_mason and color accordingly.
>
> 3)  Redo arena_mortar so it looks like an underground missile hatch
> (complete with black and yellow warning stripes) and maybe some arrows
> pointing into it.  This is actually a neat idea, although now we'd
> have to call it "arena_launcher" to make it more appropriate.  ^^
>
> 4)  Change the colors of the skatty dunce hat from white and orange,
> to something like blue and white to avoid a potential flood of jokes.
> ^^;

I think with that changes, the artwork will be done. thanks very much.

> And as for there now being more bad bonuses than good ones,... hehe, I
> guess we can say "it's a tough world out there".  ^____^

lol

> I'm actually almost certain that I won't be able to get to this
> tomorrow, so either Wed or Thurs evening I'll try to have these art
> fixes done.  Except for the mortar one, it's mainly color corrections
> (and any of you two can take care of that if need be).  ^__~

yep, will do it after I get your changes :)

> My only other question now is about licensing.  For my DeviantArt
> pieces I generally use Creative Commons BY-SA, so I trust whatever
> license my Granatier submissions fall under will also be similarly
> free. ^^

actually I don't know which license the kde artists use. but I think it should
be put in the .desktop file and maybe also visible in the theme selector.

btw, may I add your e-mail address to the about page of granatier?

mathias