[Kde-games-devel] KScoreManager design

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Fri Oct 2 16:33:44 CEST 2009

Am Freitag 02 Oktober 2009 16:15:31 schrieb Parker Coates:
> You forgot Killbots. :'( Killbots is a bit awkward as it has multiple
> game types (a.k.a. rulesets), but no difficulties or levels. In the
> current KScoreDialog implementation, I simply make game types
> equivalent to difficulty levels, but semantically they're probably
> closer to level packs. But of course I wouldn't want the dialog
> showing a bunch of level packs with only one level in each of them.
> I'd forgotten how tricky this problem really is. :)

Here is another idea: The user (i.e., the user of the library = the game
developer) feeds some tree-style base model into the KScoreManager. This base
model may define level packs, difficulty leves, rulesets, whatever you desire.
The job of the KScoreManager is to populate this model with data. Referring to
my mockup, the base model is the green part (but KScoreManager filters out
items without any highscores).

Greetings
Stefan