[Kde-games-devel] KPat Progress and Regressions

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 24 00:06:21 CET 2009

Parker Coates wrote:
> There's no need to use the word "game" to describe "a round of
> playing" in KPat, because solitaire games already have specific
> terminology for that: "deal". If we use this terminology, that frees
> up "game" to be "a named set of rules".

I'm okay with that, even if it makes me think of FDR :-).

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Deal)

@Ian: actually I am going to disagree, "New game type..."... well
doesn't strike me right, though it's hard to say exactly how. I suppose
because what you really mean is 'choose a game type and start a new deal
of that type'. It seems to be missing "of", anyway.

Also, all the "restart" variants to me say 'same deal', i.e. same as
undo back to move 0.

--
Matthew
If you can drive a cart and horses through, will a hippo fit?