[Kde-games-devel] KPat Progress and Regressions

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Nov 18 03:27:11 CET 2009

On November 17, 2009, Parker Coates wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 20:42, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On November 16, 2009, Parker Coates wrote:
> > before committing i made the text fade between the two colors (e.g. black
> > and white) as well as that looks a lot better and used a
> > QPropertyAnimation so it gets a non-linear curve and all the math for
> > free. yay. enjoy... :)
>
> Great! Looks even better! I believe this is the only time I've ever
> said "patches welcome" and have actually gotten a patch.Thanks!

np; it's how f/oss (should) works, right? :)

> It also taught me two new tricks. I was unaware of the existence of
> QGraphicsObject and I didn't know you could check
> QStyleOptionGraphicsItem for QStyle::State_MouseOver. Both pretty
> handy.

well, QGraphicsObject is new in Qt 4.6, so it's not surprising you hadn't
noticed it yet. how did i find out? i kind of cheated: we scheduled a
presentation by one of the QGraphicsView hackers at Tokamak III that was all
about new features in Qt 4.6 that we'd want to use in Plasma. this was one of
the new features raised in the presentation. neat tidbit: replacing ": public
QObject, public QGraphicsItem" with ": public QGraphicsObject" is even binary
compatible! very cool :)

and yeah, the style option thing is a nice little thing too... prevents having
to do your own bookkeeping if you only care about it in the paint event.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se