[Kde-games-devel] KPat Progress and Regressions

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 06:20:26 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 18:41, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> one thing about the animations that have always irked me a bit, but maybe it's
> just me, is that the speed of the initial auto-solve move (e.g. when a card it
> moved up to solutions pile in freecell automatically by the game) feels
> reallly slow, while after a few cards it zings past uncomfortably fast.
>
> again, maybe it's just me, but tightening the envelope on the those animations
> a bit by making the first one faster and the last ones not quite so fast might
> be a nice improvement.

Frederik has also expressed an interest in playing with those timings.
It should be easy enough to do.

> i also wonder why "change game type" is under settings; it would seem to fit
> better under "Game"?

The "why" is because that menu entry replaced the old submenu that
listed the game types. I agree that it should be moved to the game
menu, but have never gotten around to it. I think I'd also like to put
it in the toolbar (as it's an oft used action), but the lack a good
icon has stopped me. Do you think the different modes for Klondike and
Spider should stay in the Settings menu or move to the Game menu as
well.

Fixed. http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=1048303

> in the "would be nice to have", it would be really nice if the mouse over
> highlight in the "select game" screen fade in/out rather than just switch
> between hovered and not (same for mousing over other game elements, such as
> the card pile "foundation" element).

This would be nice to have. Patches are very welcome. :)

Parker