[Kde-games-devel] [!] We need to check all our games with Qt 4.6

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 16:23:09 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 10:09, Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> Hello guys!
>
> It is the second time I find that some game is not working with 4.6.
> I just started konquest and it simply segfaults on start (endless loop).
> I have the patch ready for that, will put it to review soon.
>
> First one was KAtomic (fixed now).
>
> In the KAtomic's case this was a bug in Qt, in the Konquest case i'm not sure
> should I classify this as a bug in Qt or in Konquest :)
>
> But anyway, the message is the following:
>
> Those of us who are using trunk and Qt 4.6 (which was upgraded yesterday in
> kde-qt git repo, btw) really should team up and ensure that all our games are
> playable.
> I guess not by simply starting them, but by starting and playing at least for
> a minute :)
>
> Dunno if this should be orgainized somehow (quick works/notworks status page
> on a wiki?), but i really feel we should spare us some future bugs and sad
> users :)

Qt4.6 broke some painting in Killbots.
(http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1043545)

In that particular case, something was being painted without
transparency when it should have been. So keep in mind that the
regressions might be a bit more subtle.

I'd be willing to help out with this effort, but probably only after
the feature freeze.

Parker