[Kde-games-devel] [!] We need to check all our games with Qt 4.6

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 16:09:03 CET 2009

Hello guys!

It is the second time I find that some game is not working with 4.6.
I just started konquest and it simply segfaults on start (endless loop).
I have the patch ready for that, will put it to review soon.

First one was KAtomic (fixed now).

In the KAtomic's case this was a bug in Qt, in the Konquest case i'm not sure
should I classify this as a bug in Qt or in Konquest :)

But anyway, the message is the following:

Those of us who are using trunk and Qt 4.6 (which was upgraded yesterday in
kde-qt git repo, btw) really should team up and ensure that all our games are
playable.
I guess not by simply starting them, but by starting and playing at least for
a minute :)

Dunno if this should be orgainized somehow (quick works/notworks status page
on a wiki?), but i really feel we should spare us some future bugs and sad
users :)

Cheers,
Dmitry.