[Kde-games-devel] improvements in games for 4.3

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Tue May 19 20:08:49 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> On behalf of the marketing team I'd like to ask for a few of the most
> notable improvements in KDE-games users can expect in KDE 4.3. The
> featureplan on http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.3_Feature_Plan
> isn't perfectly up-to-date so we have to request this by mail.

KPat has seen quite a bit of polish. Improved performance, some UI
rework, improved statistics handling, optional state saving between
sessions, more use of the game selection screen, improved saving to
and loading from file, and a fair bit of internal clean up. Nothing
ground breaking, but hopefully a nicer experience on the whole.

We also made some changes to our card decks. The card deck selection
dialog was cleaned up a bit. We added a couple new decks. We removed
support for the old style PNG decks and converted our PNG decks to
SVG. Some are full vectorisations, some are a combination of vectors
and embedded raster images, and some are just the original raster
images embedded in an SVG document.

Killbots also got a vaporizer action that destroys any robots in cells
adjacent to the hero.

Parker