[Kde-games-devel] kpat issues (in recent svn)

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Fri May 8 18:22:28 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Parker Coates wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone else notice that Grandfather's Clock crashes kpat? This has been
>>> going on for several days, and is happening with recent SVN (my last
>>> update was Tuesday or later).
>>
>> Seems to work fine here. I've played a couple games by hand and the
>> demo's played a half dozen with no anomalies What are you doing to
>> cause the crash? Do you have a back trace?
>
> Just picking the game.
>
> Annoyingly, it's not doing it right now (it doesn't, always). I'll post a
> backtrace when/if I see it again.
>
>>> Also, anyone else seeing the drawing glitch of the card backs in
>>> Klondike? Often, after flipping a card off the talon, the right side of
>>> the talon is clipped. I noticed while testing the new Penguin deck, but
>>> it happens with Ancient Egyptian also.
>>
>> Not seeing that one either. Could you send a screenshot? From the
>> sounds of things, this might be a QGraphicsView bug. As far as I know,
>> the KPat code never clips anything.
>
> Could be. I run kpat maximized on either 1600x1200 or 1920x1200, maybe it
> only happens when the window is very large?
>
> Screenshot attached. This is what usually happens; I've occasionally seen
> even stranger clipping.

This really looks like a QGraphicsView bug to me. Each card is a
QGraphicsPixmapItem and the pixmap it uses is always a full card. I'm
assuming that there is more than one face down card in that pile? If
that's the case then all of them have been clipped.

I'm not sure how we proceed from here.

Parker