[Kde-games-devel] Go game for GSOC?

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Thu Mar 26 13:28:50 CET 2009

On Donnerstag 26 März 2009 11:27:08 Sascha Peilicke wrote:
> Hi y'all,
>
> I was just thinking about whether there is interest in pushing Kigo (the Go
> game currently in playground) into a release-ready state, maybe through
> GSOC? As I'm quite busy with other things, I failed to do this by myself
> but I could offer mentorship to someone who wants to push it further. Kigo
> is in really good shape now and needs mostly polishing and bug-fixing.
> There are still some features I like to see in the final game, like
> accessing online Go servers or GGZ support.

I'm sceptical whether a task that mainly focuses on polishing can fill the
timeframe. Remember that students are usually woring 20 hours a week and more
on their project. Networking is a nice addition, but could be done in perhaps
2 or 3 weeks (of course depending on KGGZ libraries appearing in libkdegames
in time).

Greetings
Stefan