[Kde-games-devel] Go game for GSOC?

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Thu Mar 26 11:27:08 CET 2009

Hi y'all,

I was just thinking about whether there is interest in pushing Kigo (the Go
game currently in playground) into a release-ready state, maybe through GSOC?
As I'm quite busy with other things, I failed to do this by myself but I could
offer mentorship to someone who wants to push it further. Kigo is in really
good shape now and needs mostly polishing and bug-fixing. There are still some
features I like to see in the final game, like accessing online Go servers or
GGZ support. The code can be found under playground/games/kigo. If someone
wants to step up, I'd like to divide work into (roughly) these steps:

* squeeze out remaining bugs/issues to get a release out
* move out of playground
* implement further features (e.g. like mentioned, maybe a theme too ...)
--
Sascha Peilicke
http://saschpe.wordpress.com