[Kde-games-devel] Developing game Mancala for KDE under GSOC

ahmmahfuz rubel 65mahfuz90 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 06:43:51 CET 2009

I am very interested in the game Mancala. After reading the description from
KDE idea_list and further from Wikipedia I found its resemblance with a game
I played in my childhood. I believe, it will be great to add Mancala as a
board game to the game world of kde.

I am a student of 3-2 in Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
and much interested in game development. I developed two games successfully
as my term projects:

    1.Hexagon (c,c++)
    2.Online Chess (Java)

As Mancala is a type, it may be somehow different in different regions or
cultures. Along with the board or sound the rules may also be changed.
So, the scope of the project remains unclear.

I am also eager to know about the prerequisites you need. I have efficiency
in C,C++,Java and have some introduction with Opengl,WxWidgets.

Thank You.