[Kde-games-devel] New AI for bovo

Pelladi Gabor pelladigabor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 20:02:59 CET 2009

 > I think we need to discuss the text used in the UI. Obviously the
 > current label "ai" is not very pretty or user friendly. I'm not sure
 > that "Artificial Intelligence" is much clearer either. Similiarly, the
 > options "Aron" and "Gabor" don't really reveal a great deal to the
 > user either, but I don't have better suggestions.

I would argue for providing the user an option to choose the AI engine. You can
only play bovo against the AI, and one AI becomes boring earlier than two. My
and Aron's AI are completely different, therefore a good refreshment to bring
more variation to the game.

About the GUI display strings: For the menu I could imagine something like
"Opponent" or "Computer". The options could be fantasy names, e.g. "Zeus",
giving the user the feeling that he is playing against personalities.

What do you think?

@Aron: I hope the time will come when you can enjoy life more! Good luck! And on
the train you can pick a good name for your AI :)

   Gabor