[Kde-games-devel] replacing classic tileset?

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Wed Mar 18 03:28:00 CET 2009

Ian Wadham wrote:
> So I am with Matthew.  I think the best way to set the default
> theme is via the Config mechanism in each game.  For example,
> KMahjongg and KShisen, use the same themes (from the lib) but
> we are talking about KShisen defaulting to Classic or maybe
> Matthew's new theme.  With Config, each game could have its
> own default - the one that is considered nicest to use in that game.

Yes, this solves a problem with libkmahjongg being used by multiple
apps. The only problem is that currently we have a default to fallback
to. Not sure how we could handle this, but maybe it is "good enough" to
fallback to an existing tileset (anyone, or the first in the list) if
the one requested by the app does not exist?

> BTW, I think it is high time we dropped the use of "Default" in
> theme names.  Raquel's beautiful KMahjongg tileset deserves a
> nicer name ...  So how about "Japanese" or "Raquel" or even
> "Tabuleiro" ...  "Default" sounds too much like what too many
> unfortunate people are doing at their banks right now ... :-(

Interesting idea, let us talk about how to implement it then!

In any event, we will have to handle at least the case of existing
config files pointing to default.desktop, right? :)

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini