[Kde-games-devel] replacing classic tileset?

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 19:03:56 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 13:38, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Parker Coates wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:29, Mauricio Piacentini <elided> wrote:
>
> Please don't help spammers :-).

Okay, if you harp on me for not removing your email, fair enough. But
now you're going to harp on me for not removing the address of others?
You, sir, have gone to far. ;) Anyway, Mauricio loves spam.

>>> One thing I considered is to rename the current default [...]
>>
>> Wouldn't that leave you with a duplicated tile set in the tileset
>> selector? I had looked at doing something similar for Killbots themes,
>> but got stuck on the duplicate theme listings.
>
> I think the better way to handle this is to change the kconfig default.
> Users that have changed their tileset selection (and possibly changed it
> back to default) won't see a change this way, but users that haven't
> will get the new one.

I had considered the KConfig approach as well, but the default.desktop
is used for more than just the case you describe. I also use it in the
case where the selected theme fails to load, or if the theme stored in
the config doesn't exist.

Being able to rely on the existence of a default.desktop is convenient
in such cases. I'm not saying a KConfig based solution couldn't be
made to work, but it is just something else to consider.

Parker