[Kde-games-devel] new kmahjongg/kshisen tileset; what are the freeze dates?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 14 16:06:20 CET 2009

Ian Wadham wrote:
> Nice.  Distinctive colors and shapes without being too gaudy or
> in-your-face.

Thanks! As in my original mail, I was going for something that combines
Classic's ease of tile identification (and even surpassed it just a bit,
IMO, since I'm using coloration of the individual stones/bamboo like
Traditional - albeit somewhat more subtle - that helps distinguish e.g.
the 6 stone from the 8 stone) with simple, clean beauty :-).

> The dragon reminds me of a Welsh dragon, which is a double-plus. I
> grew up in Wales ... :-)

Technically the red is a wyvern :-). For the dragons (particularly red
and green) I was going for something of a heraldic style. Glad you like
it! (The green is a western dragon, and the white is an eastern dragon.)

--
Matthew
ENOWIT: .sig file for this machine not set up yet