[Kde-games-devel] New AI for bovo

Pelladi Gabor pelladigabor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 07:54:22 CET 2009

Albert Astals Cid írta:
> Have you mailed Aron about it? The fact that he resigned as maintainer doesn't
> mean he can't have an opinion to give about your patch.

Yes, I have mailed about it. He said that it works great and is quite tough. He
wanted to integrate my AI but didn't have any time for bovo. I have attached our
conversation. The problems mentioned are resolved now except background
cogitating. That is worked around by disabling the highest difficulties.

> The rest of us here can't really help much, unless someone is a strong bovo
> player (that i'm not) and wants to try with new AI to see if he sees any
> difference.
>
> Besides that, if you could make the AI selectable i would not see any problem
> in commiting a patch that enables the use of any of the two (which should be
> the default is a different story :D)

Ok, I will make a GUI option for selecting the AI. I have one more question:
currently it uses the standard c++ library, since i developed this AI originally
for a university contest. Should I eliminate this dependency, to be pure Qt?

    Gabor