[Kde-games-devel] new kmahjongg/kshisen tileset; what are the freeze dates?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 10 03:16:59 CET 2009

As the attentive among you know, I've been working on a new tileset for
kmahjongg/kshisen. It started as improving classic and has evolved from
there into 99% original artwork (only the tile shape will remain from
classic when it is done).

Basically it's a carved wood set. The basic tile I posted some time back
(I've only modified it slightly to make the edges a bit more defined).
The glyphs are simple, vibrant color schemes, taking inspiration from
several sources, with the goal of being a highly Usable tileset (i.e.,
each suit is very distinct from other suits, and tiles within a suit add
some subtle differences ala the traditional set that classic didn't
include).

Right now I estimate it around 30-40% done time-wise (as far as tiles it
is closer to 50%, but the seasons and flowers will take quite a bit
longer than e.g. the bamboo suit). I'm hoping to have it done for 4.3.
My intention is to replace classic, at least in usage, if not actually
kill the tileset (I certainly find it at least as Usable as classic and
IMNSHO it is *much* more beautiful :-) ).

So... I hope things will go better than with my kpat deck (which I
proposed IIRC prior to 4.2 freeze and is still sitting only on my
computer). Assuming I can get a green light this time, what freezes do I
need to be worried about? Art freeze, obviously, but I assume the
.desktop needs to be in before string freeze also, yes?

--
Matthew
ENOWIT: .sig file for this machine not set up yet