[Kde-games-devel] KTron's review

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Mar 10 00:02:57 CET 2009

A Dimarts, 24 de febrer de 2009, Legolas va escriure:
> Hello games-list,
>
> Has been in review for two weeks now. That said, how do you feel about
> moving KTron/KSnake to the KDEGames module wednesday/thursday?

My comments:
 * ChangeLog file seems like it could be killed
 * Given that there are already two games using the fontutils method i
invented for blinken i think we should think of moving it to libkdegames.
 * Do we really have to mention KTron/KSnake in the Game Type? I think that
they just add confusion to the user
 * In single player mode i set my name as "foo" but when highscore shows it
says "kdesvn" (my user name)
 * It would be nice if Right Player / KSnake label is dynamic, that is, says
Right Player when on "KTron" modes and "Player Name" when on "KSnake" mode,
also Left Player line should disappear on "KSnake" mode
 * It would be good if Right Player / Player Name was filled with
KUser::FullName if exists or KUser::loginName if it does not
 * Also Left Player should have a default name (think something catchy!)
 * As a coding practice, in KDE we usually prefix private class variables with
m_ so they are easier to recognize when having a quick look at a random
method.
 * namespace ObstacleType {
        enum Type {
                Bush
        };
}
 makes more sense inside as enum inside class Obstacle

Not sure how much of the code is inherited and how much is new to see how that
is your "fault" or original's coder :D

Albert