[Kde-games-devel] missing Egyptian art? ;-)

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 19:28:29 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Eugene Trounev wrote:
>> something like
>>
>> SuitableFor=kmahjongg,kshisen,kmj
> That would be a but too much I think.
> If it was up to me I would have separate entries like:
> Abstract=true/false (The alphabet, and Egypt are abstract)
> Full Set=true/false (Egypt is not a full set as it uses the same images for
> all seasons and flowers)
> With this do a small mod to Kmahjongg so, if the Full Set is false it would
> use one and the same tile for all flowers and the same for all seasons thus
> reducing file size (not by much as those are only 6 additional tiles)

I think if we go this route, we need to choose some very explicit
properties. Both the terms "Abstract" and "Full set" seem subject to
interpretation. "HasDistinctFlowersAndSeasons" for example, is hard to
misinterpret. We should also avoid rolling too many distinct traits
into a single property, because inevitably, someone will create a set
with some of the traits but not all. Then again, maybe having
"HasDistinctFlowers" and "HasDistinctSeasons" is going to far.

Anyway, I'm not a Mahjongg expert, but I just think if we come up with
a scheme we should put enough thought into it now, so we don't end up
having to update it every other release in the future.

Parker