[Kde-games-devel] Problems with KGoldrunner

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 12 13:47:48 CEST 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 6:29:38 pm Johannes Obermayr wrote:
> The first strings from the files "gamedata/game_*.txt" are not translated
> (but are in the current (installed) "../de/../kgoldrunner.po" translated).
>
> See (e.g. in German):
>
> Game -> New Game...:
> "Curse of the Mummy | Traditonal | 20 | Championship"
> is "Curse of the Mummy | Traditionell | 20 | Championship"
> and should be "Fluch der Mumie | Traditionell | 20 | Championship"
>
> "Game area":
> "Advanced Tutorial - 004 - Traps"
> is "Advanced Tuturial - 004 - Fallen"
> and should be "Einführung für Fortgeschrittene - 004 - Fallen"

Thank you for confirming this problem.  I think the English texts the game
is extracting from the game-data at run-time are not being connected to
their translations correctly by the game-program.  I need to fix that code.

AFAIK the game-data texts and their translations are OK and are essentially
unchanged from KDE 4.2 --- just need to *use* those translations correctly.

> And the second problem:
>
> 1. Press "P" or "Esc" for pause
> 2. Go to menu "Settings -> Configure Shortcuts..."
> 3. Set for "Pause -> Alternate": "Custom: None"
> 4. Close this dialog
> 5. Go to menu "Settings -> Configure Shortcuts..." again
> 6. Set for "Pause -> Alternate": "Default: Esc"
> 7. Close this dialog
> 8. Pressing "Esc" for resume -> won't work ...
> 9. Closing KGoldrunner and starting it again -> "Esc" works again

Problems with Pause/Resume have been bothering me too.  They are now
high on my personal TODO list.  Thanks again for your help, Johannes.

Cheers,