[Kde-games-devel] To use kgame or not to use kgame

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Wed Jul 15 08:57:23 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 15. Juli 2009 08:39:58 schrieb Alexander Smirnov:
> I found kgame/kplayer framework in libkdegames and want to know it's
> status. Albert has mentioned they are quite oldish. Since i'm developing
> multiplayer game - backgammon - i'd like to know if it is a god/bad idea
> to use these classes in new code.

Can you please elaborate on what multiplayer functionality you want to provide
in your game?

After having talked with Sacha at GCDS it seems to me that in the future the
Gluon input controller framework will provide a new abstraction of human
players with their input devices, network players and bots. The multiplayer
functionality itself can easily covered by kggz. If that's not enough for you,
please let us know :)

Josef