[Kde-games-devel] Checking OGG sounds in KGoldrunner

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 13 00:37:55 CEST 2009

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 1:52:09 am Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dilluns, 6 de juliol de 2009, Ian Wadham va escriure:
> > Please could you try out the new OGG sounds in
> > trunk/kdegames/kgoldrunner/, preferably with Qt 4.5.
> > If all goes well, I would like to backport them to theMoveSequence.h
> > KDE 4.3 branch, for release with KDE 4.3.
> >
> I tried it now and seems okaish, had the same problem as Frederik with the
> fall sound still going on after failing, i think it's a bit ugly to have
> this bug and if you can show us the way we might get it to be fixed for 4.3

When I found this bug, I decided to stop at just re-activating the sound,
which was quite a large fix for this late in the day, but an important one.

Trouble is the "falling-sound-going-on-and-on" bug is a cross-module
thing.  The module that implements Pause and Kill Hero does not "know"
what the sound is doing.  I am worried that the way sound is done really
needs some re-structuring and that it will be too much to attempt so close
to a release.  Maybe 4.3.1 ... ?

Cheers, Ian W.