[Kde-games-devel] Tile matching in KShisen/Egyptian

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 02:16:50 CEST 2009

[Mauricio Piacentini | Wednesday 08 July 2009]
> > For KShisen the easiest solution would be to just force Chinese Mode,
> > when the tiles do not have different faces. That way they match all
> > the time. If the solution should be more "proper", i.e. having the
> > field creation be aware of tile set properties and act accordingly, is
> > currently not possible for me since there are still parts of the code
> > I do not fully understand. Field creation is one of them. :)
>
> We can help you if needed, but just forcing Chinese Mode is fine. That
> is the reason why I think the .desktop file should only inform the
> application about what it has: either different artwork for the
> bamboos/tiles, or the same artwork for every set. Then the app decides
> what to do with it.

For now I go with
if (Prefs::tileSet().endsWith("egypt.desktop")
 || Prefs::tileSet().endsWith("alphabet.desktop")) {
    setChineseStyleFlag(true);
} else {
    setChineseStyleFlag(Prefs::chineseStyle());
}

This way it is transparent to the user and at the moment I do not see any
problems with it. Please test it if you have some time. :)

I'll commit it to trunk (with some debug output I will remove later) and
backport it (without the ebug output to 4.3). Does that sound reasonable?

Regards