[Kde-games-devel] Tile matching in KShisen/Egyptian

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Wed Jul 8 16:14:08 CEST 2009

> For KShisen the easiest solution would be to just force Chinese Mode, when
> the tiles do not have different faces. That way they match all the time. If
> the solution should be more "proper", i.e. having the field creation be
> aware of tile set properties and act accordingly, is currently not possible
> for me since there are still parts of the code I do not fully understand.
> Field creation is one of them. :)

We can help you if needed, but just forcing Chinese Mode is fine. That
is the reason why I think the .desktop file should only inform the
application about what it has: either different artwork for the
bamboos/tiles, or the same artwork for every set. Then the app decides
what to do with it.

Another option was to consider the tileworks "buggy" and fix them, but
I believe the .desktop flag is simple And something we can do without
the artist's help as well, which can help in future tilesets that have
the same characteristic.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini