[Kde-games-devel] To ogg or not to ogg?

Casper van Donderen casper.vandonderen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 19:25:29 CEST 2009

People, relax.

Let's first test. ATM most games do not use a lot of memory. RAM is always powered, so copying the simple sounds to RAM while they are still encoded could also be an option and should not be using a lot more of the users system.

The big problem I see now is: can Phonon detect if OGG is possible on the selected backend?

Let's first test these things and decide afterwards.

Casper