[Kde-games-devel] Kapman gameplay issues

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 20 22:26:10 CET 2009

Sean wrote:
> I'll be maintaining a new theme for Kapman for 4.3(in progress, Egyptian
> style) but I noticed a few issues with the gameplay.
>
> 1. Having the player carry on moving until they hit a side is a issue I think,
> holding down the arrow keys to move how far you want would be better.

However, that's *not* how pacman games work. (Granted, this would
probably feel less "odd" if kapman had a proper 'turbo' mode ;-), but I
still don't think it should be changed.)

> 2. Ghosts shouldn't come out of their middle zone when you get them after a
> power pill, I think they should stay there until it ware's off(didn't that
> used to happen in Pacman for a reason?)

Eh? I don't think it ever worked that way. When you eat them, they
change to 'dead' state and take the shortest path back to camp. Once in
camp, they revert to normal state and resume the regular AI. (Which may
or may not cause them to exit camp immediately, but they should be
behaving that way at level start, also.)

> 3. All the ghosts should fit in the middle zone area, does it matter if they
> overlap in the area to achieve this?

Camp should be 3x2 tiles, ghosts "occupy" one tile, but the graphic may
be (and usually is) larger than one tile. Overlap is typically permitted.

--
Matthew
"I always thought the KDE coders were simply very intelligent AI's...